To keep the documentation consistent, we set the following rules which have to be followed when writing the xml documentation files:
- All files are to be written in UTF-8
- Indentation of XML tags is 1 more than its parent.
- Space characters are used for indentation. Tabs are not allowed, even when the spaces sum up to the width of one tab.
- Lines should be broken at 80 characters maximum.
- The shortdesc element of a deprecated item should only contain one of the available deprecation entities: &deprecated.class;, &deprecated.method;, &deprecated.property;.
Examples of PHP code written for the manual must follow the PHP-GTK coding standards.