Message Digest (hash) engine. Allows direct or incremental processing of arbitrary length messages using a variety of hashing algorithms.
The Hash extension requires no external libraries and is enabled by default as of PHP 5.1.2. It may be explicitly disabled by using the --disable-hash switch to configure. Earlier versions of PHP may incorporate the Hash extension by installing the » PECL module.
This extension defines a Hashing Context resource returned by hash_init().
Table of Contents
- hash_algos — Return a list of registered hashing algorithms
- hash_file — Generate a hash value using the contents of a given file
- hash_final — Finalize an incremental hash and return resulting digest
- hash_hmac_file — Generate a keyed hash value using the HMAC method and the contents of a given file
- hash_hmac — Generate a keyed hash value using the HMAC method
- hash_init — Initialize an incremental hashing context
- hash_update_file — Pump data into an active hashing context from a file
- hash_update_stream — Pump data into an active hashing context from an open stream
- hash_update — Pump data into an active hashing context
- hash — Generate a hash value (message digest)