xdiff extension creates and applies patches to both text and binary files.
To use xdiff, you will need libxdiff installed, available on the libxdiff homepage » https://www.xmailserver.org/xdiff-lib.html.
Note: You'll need at least libxdiff 0.7 for these functions to be aware of memory_limit.
xdiff is currently available through PECL » https://pecl.php.net/package/xdiff.
If » PEAR is available on your *nix-like system you can use the pear installer to install the xdiff extension, by the following command: pear -v install xdiff.
You can always download the tar.gz package and install xdiff by hand:
Example#1 xdiff install by hand
gunzip xdiff-xxx.tgz tar -xvf xdiff-xxx.tar cd xdiff-xxx phpize ./configure && make && make install
Table of Contents
- xdiff_file_diff_binary — Make binary diff of two files
- xdiff_file_diff — Make unified diff of two files
- xdiff_file_merge3 — Merge 3 files into one
- xdiff_file_patch_binary — Patch a file with a binary diff
- xdiff_file_patch — Patch a file with an unified diff
- xdiff_string_diff_binary — Make binary diff of two strings
- xdiff_string_diff — Make unified diff of two strings
- xdiff_string_merge3 — Merge 3 strings into one
- xdiff_string_patch_binary — Patch a string with a binary diff
- xdiff_string_patch — Patch a string with an unified diff